Sanjevani Complete Digestive Enzyme Formula is a comprehensive digestive enzyme formula can assist in the breakdown of a wide range of proteins, peptides, fats, complex carbohydrates, sugars, and fibers. These vegetarian capsules can be used by children or adults to assist more complete and proper digestion of food as needed.
Enzymes play a crucial role in digestion, as they break down food components into molecules that can be readily absorbed and assimilated by the body. Cooking and heat processing destroy raw food enzymes, placing the full burden of digestion on the pancreas and other digestive organs. Fewer enzymes may be excreted in certain health conditions. Supplemental enzymes can assist in the breakdown of food and enhance the absorption of vitamins and minerals by reducing food to its essential elements.
Sanjevani Complete Digestive Enzyme Formula contains:
- Plant-derived enzymes: This vegetarian formula contains enzymes that are active across a very broad pH range, making them effective throughout the entire GI tract.*
- A comprehensive blend of active enzymes: The broad-spectrum combination of enzymes in this product work together to maximize the breakdown, absorption, and utilization of macronutrients from a wide spectrum of foods, including special proteases (protein-specific enzymes) and protein peptides, carbohydrates, disaccharides, and sugars, lipids/fats, and vegetable fibers.
- Dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP-IV) activity to support optimal cleaving of casein and gluten and their exorphin peptides (casomorphin and gluteomorphin).
- Serratia peptidase, a unique enzyme that helps protect sensitive GI tissues from irritation, and lysozyme, an enzyme that helps break down bacterial and yeast cell walls, are also included.*
- Hypoallergenic ingredients: This product contains highly purified, filtered enzymes to meet needs of food- sensitive patients. It is free of porcine or other animal-derived enzymes and avoids fruit-derived enzymes (bromelain, papain, kiwi) for maximum tolerance. It is also free of milk/casein, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat/gluten, corn, yeast, and soybeans. Contains no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
Sanjevani Complete Digestive Enzyme Formula can be used by children or adults, as a general digestive aid, or when gastrointestinal function has been compromised by maldigestion, malabsorption, dysbiosis, or intestinal inflammation. This high-potency, multi-enzyme formulation offers an unusually complete range of plant/microbial-based enzymes that work in concert to help maintain normal enzyme levels that support the body’s digestive capabilities and assist intestinal repair mechanisms.*
For those with difficulty swallowing capsules, try our Sanjevani Chewable Complete Digestive Enzyme Formula.
|Serving Size: 2 Capsules|
|Servings per Container: 60|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Comprehensive Enzyme Blend||750 mg||†|
|With the following enzyme activity:|
|Carbohydrate Specific Enzymes|
|Glucoamylase (with isomaltase side chain activity)||30 AGU||†|
|Sugar Specific Enzymes|
|Sucrase (Invertase)||400 SU||†|
|Maltase (diastase)||200 DP||†|
|Pullanase (debranching enzyme with isomaltase side chain activity)||25 U||†|
|Vegetable/Plant Fiber Specific Enzymes|
|Hemicellulase/Pectinase/Phytase Complex||200 HSU||†|
|Beta Glucanase||20 BGU||†|
|Protein and Peptide Specific Enzymes|
|Acid Protease||50 SAP||†|
|Alkaline Protease||50 PC||†|
|Protease/Peptidase Complex with endopeptidase, exopeptidase, and DPP-IV activity||40,000 HUT||†|
|Fat Specific Enzyme|
|Lysozyme (from egg white)||100,000 SHU||†|
|Serratia peptidase (enteric-coated)||2,500 SPU||†|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
† Daily Value not established
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose and vegetarian capsule (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, water).
Take 2 capsules at the beginning of each meal.
Lysozyme in this product is derived from egg white. Although this is a highly purified material, individuals with known egg white allergy should consult their physician before using this product.*
Peptizyme SP® is a registered trademark of Specialty Enzymes.
If you are pregnant or nursing, have a medical condition, or are taking medication, consult your healthcare professional before using this or any supplement. Discontinue use if allergic reaction occurs.
†*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.