Body Bio Butyrate Cal/Mag:
- PROMOTES GUT HEALTH - Butyrate is a short chain fatty acid produced in the colon. It supports the formation of friendly bacteria that helps promote digestive health. Healthy individuals may find it useful to enhance their probiotic or GI health regimen with butyrate.*
- SUPPORTS DETOXIFICATION PATHWAYS - Butyrate helps cleanse the liver, the gall bladder, and the biliary tree. It also supports the removal of renegade fats, the long ones that accumulate as we get older.*
- EASY ON STOMACH - Calcium and magnesium act as buffers to butyrate's acidity. Buffers render the pH higher than 7.0, so there is no concern about enamel erosion or gastric upset.*
- NO FILLERS - Because we do not add fillers, there is no way to achieve powerful butyrate supplementation without butyrate's distinctive, fermented scent. This means it's premium quality and ready to go to work. Free of wheat, gluten, yeast, corn, soy, dairy, artificial colors, and resins.*
- COMPLIMENT YOUR DIET - Butyrate is especially useful for healthy individuals with diets low in fiber, fatty dairy products, or short chain fatty acids.
What exactly is Butyrate?
Butyrate is a short chain fatty acid (SCFA) that has been combined with calcium & magnesium. It is made in the lower colon by bacteria and taken up by the colonocytes, the cells that line the colon. It then becomes an important food for those cells. Lacking good bacteria in our colon, such as when we take antibiotics, can lead to an insufficient supply of butyrate.
What is Butyrate used for?
Butyrate scrubs & cleans the liver, the gall bladder and the biliary tree. It also cleans the bowel, controls ammonia, removes ‘renegade’ fats (the very long ones that accumulate with age) and lowers the expression of inflammatory immune markers called cytokines.
|Serving Size: 2 Capsules|
|Servings per Container: 50|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||1.3 g||2%*|
|Butyric Acid||1.2 g||†|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
† Daily Value not established
Ingredients: Butyric acid, calcium hydroxide, magnesium hydroxide, Medium chain triglycerides (MCT), hydroxypropyl methylcellulose and purified water.
Take 2 capsules with each meal or as directed by your healthcare provider.
Recommended for those with low SCFA (short chain fatty acids) on their GI Effects test to assist detoxification and GI health as you slowly increase eating more fiber (increase fiber to 5g/week over your baseline and slowly increase to get to goal of 30-35 grams of fiber per day).
If you are pregnant or nursing, have a medical condition, or are taking medication, consult your healthcare professional before using this or any supplement. Discontinue use if allergic reaction occurs.
†*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.